Sunday, August 31, 2014

Changes Ahead?

Well that was fast.  

Dad’s lawyer delicately put the word out about our house being available for the right tenant and it appears there is an interested party. An older couple with no kids; pretty ideal! She is an artist and he is an international businessman and they have traveled together all their lives. They are looking to retire and are trying some cities on for size, starting with ours.  

I’ll call them the Crofts.  I was surprised to hear the real family name, since it’s one I know.  I couldn't tell you anything of Mr. and Mrs. Croft - I never met them, I just used to know one of their relatives. It was a startling small-world moment when I heard the name.


Anyway, they came to see the place and I made sure not to be there - so I’m at a cafe now, killing time and hiding. The awkwardness of someone walking through your beloved home finding fault, it’s too much for me.  And they should be able to view their perspective residence without the entire family leering over them, right? 



Dad’s lawyer did some good advance work by telling him that the Crofts had heard of him and his illustrious ancestry, and so Dad is predisposed to view them positively.

Fingers crossed.



......
..

No comments :

Post a Comment