Friday, September 26, 2014

Is Time Passing Normally Where You Are?

My life is so weird right now. So quiet. I feel like everything has slowed down, like time is stretched out.  I guess it's the strangeness of transitioning from a full time job to no job. Being in this house alone I can almost pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist, if I want. I have days where I stay home and get lost in my own thoughts and forget that the world continues on at its hectic pace for everyone else. It is timeless in here.

Yesterday I spent a few hours packing, then had a long practice session at the piano (I filmed some clips - I'll try to upload one tomorrow if I can work out how). When I sat down at the computer to do some work after supper (grilled cheese sandwich), I had an email from Elizabeth requesting I send her several outfits from her wardrobe in advance of the rest of the items - she 'needs them urgently'. I also had an email from Mary telling me how very unwell she is - another of her 'terrible colds'. She requested that I send her some particular herbal tea from a fancy shop here that she is certain will help alleviate her symptoms, although she is sure to clarify that nothing is powerful enough to actually make her better because her cold is 'worse than all other colds".

This post is more rambling and random than usual, I know. It's reflective of my life at the moment, I suppose. Let's continue the random with a link to another piano piece I've been listening to while packing. [Video below.]  It's an original composition by Kyle Landry who is crazy talented. Click here if the video isn't showing.

No comments :

Post a Comment