Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Alone in the Woods

One of the things I love about being out here is the access to nature - it is so immediate and I've been taking advantage of it to go for frequent walks. I went for a walk today along one of the many trails. It’s so easy to think that you are the only person left in the world when you are out in the woods - so much so that I had a scare when I turned a corner and nearly walked into someone! Just someone from a nearby chalet going for a walk like me, nothing actually scary. Goes to show how in the clouds my head is when I walk.


I came back from the walk energized - which is the kind of thing I hear about but doesn't usually happen to me - and made some great progress mapping out some specifics for my literacy program. I've got a possible core program laid out with future expansions, I've sketched out the funding needs - I feel like I’m getting somewhere. Still a lot of research to do, but, it’s been a good day!  My old professor connected me with her colleague in early childhood development and I've got a deadline to submit a program summary to her for comments - that's excellent motivation. 

My nephew is pulling on my arm now so productivity for the moment is at an end; it is apparently time to play!

1 comment :

  1. Walking is such a catalyst to thinking. Glad your walk in the woods was productive.

    ReplyDelete