Monday, November 24, 2014

Bad Blogger

I've been a bad blogger, I know. Q&A and photo posts don’t a proper blog make.

I wanted to run away. I admit it. Wouldn't you? If Wentworth is staying here and hanging out with Rietta and Louisa and Charles… wouldn't it just be better for me to be somewhere else?

I thought so and I still think so but I also don’t want to be chased away. I’m a grown-up and I can handle a little social discomfort. I'm not going to be chased away from my own family and friends. I’m sucking it up and sticking it out for now. 

I'm going to focus on making progress on my literacy program proposal and not get caught up in distractions. I need to use this time to get my business plan done so I can start applying for funding.  I know I’ll have a harder time getting work done in Bath – being immersed in Dad and Elizabeth’s world always hampers my productivity. Here, all I have to do is skip out on the activities and work instead. Like Sunday - Rietta invited me to go for a hike with her and Louisa and Wentworth. (Mary was upset not to be invited too and I had to remind her that she was taking her son to a friend's birthday party.) I turned down Rietta's invitation and spent the afternoon doing some good, solid work following up on the advice of my old professor who reviewed my proposal. Easy, right?

But I reserve the right to run away later.

1 comment :

  1. The right to run away later is always on reserve!

    ReplyDelete