Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Dull Stone

I've been getting regular text updates from Charles, who is very good to be thinking of keeping me informed. Louisa is has been awake for short periods and should make a full recovery but they are taking it a day at a time. Wentworth is still in Lyme and Mary suspects this accident will speed up his wooing, making him realize how fleeting life is, etc. (Mary actually said ‘etcetera’ in our phone call)

I was up at the Lodge the yesterday, fetching some toys my nephew left there during his stay and I sat at the piano for a bit to practice. I couldn’t help but remember the cheerful parties the Musgroves have had there, and how soon the rooms will again be filled with everything happy and full of love - Rietta and Hal, Louisa and Wentworth. I feel so apart from all this - like a dull stone in a collection of shiny gems. I do not seem belong in places that are full of laughter and love; I don’t know why.

2 comments :

  1. You just haven't found your people yet, Anne. When you are with your people - the people who get you, love you as you are and encourage you to be your best self - those places will be full of laughter and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you andthepiano - that's a beautiful and kind thing to say. It also fuels the hopeful side of me, which is always in need!

    ReplyDelete