Sunday, December 21, 2014

Moving Forward

Mary and Charles returned this morning, much to my relief. I love my nephew but he is exhausting. The Musgroves are all still in Lyme, but Lousia is recovering and felt overwhelmed with so many people hovering around her.

Louisa’s break from extended family is temporary however. The Musgroves decided to spend Christmas in Lyme, to take their usual holiday festivities to Louisa. Mary insisted loudly that Charles and their son go too, so everyone will be heading back there in a few days. While holidays with the Musgroves are usually quite lovely, this year I have decided to spend Christmas with Lacy. The Musgroves don’t need extra people around right now and I could use some time away.

Lacy and I will have a quiet holiday together – she already got us tickets to go a special Christmas concert of some sort and I’ve compiled a cheesy movie marathon for us; it will be great. Mary didn't seem to mind one way or the other, having gotten her way on their going to Lyme. My family isn’t that sentimental about the holidays.

I did all my Christmas shopping early, like I always do, so I spent today wrapping everything for Mary to take with them.

I have to admit that I feel like I’m blowing in the wind here. Ever since I sold my condo, I’ve been bouncing around based largely on what is convenient for others. I mean, I’m grateful for having people in my life that welcome me to stay, except that I feel as a modern, independent woman, I should be taking control of my life and doing something decisive. Do modern, independent women get shuttled around from relative to relative? I have to remind myself that this is temporary, and all for the sake of my literacy program.


Speaking of which and of being decisive - I’ve decided something. I am going to go ahead with my original plan, to try and get my own program off the ground. I love the idea of getting a more solid academic footing first, but I don’t think I absolutely need to. I think that what I need right now is to be taking action. So I’m going to go for it. I've put away the grad school application forms and I've refocused my energy on my business plan and funding applications. I am going to make this happen.

1 comment :

  1. Congrats on the decision to pursue your project - I'm sure it will turn out well. School will always be there if you want to go back.... but we so rarely get these breaks in life to formulate plans and launch something big and new. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete