Friday, January 2, 2015

Networking

I’ve decided to take Will’s advice and make the most of my family connections.

I’m going to get Ms. Dalrymple to contribute to my non-profit. And, I’m going to get her to use her network to make this a huge success. This year, my resolution is to take a new approach - forget trying to get money from those who are passionate about causes (which seems to correlate with not being flush with funds), I am going to tackle the people who want to contribute to causes to make themselves look good. With the right positioning, I think my project will stroke the egos of several people in Dad’s social circle. Elizabeth and Dad work so hard at social networking, time to put that to use!

Have to run - Will is coming by for lunch.

2 comments :

  1. Hi, Anne! I think it's a great idea to put your family's networking to good use. But maybe don't write off those passionate people just yet. They might not contribute much financially, but they'll probably be the ones who buoy up your enthusiasm for your non-profit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make an excellent point. I definitely need passionate people on board too!

      Delete