Thursday, February 12, 2015

Distract Me

I’m going a bit mental - I've been going out for very long walks, hoping to bump into Wentworth, but I don’t. Of course. Bath is not that small of a place. I think about trying to find out where the Crofts are staying while in Bath. I have emailed Rietta, asking if she has Wentworth's number (with a lengthy boring made up reason for needing it). I want to talk to him. I need to talk to him. I want it to be in person - the thought of doing it over the phone, I just can't.

At least I’ll be distracted tonight - I’m going to a networking party that Emily and Jane got me an invite to. They think it will help me make some good contacts that might turn into funding targets. I’m not great at networking, but when you want something you have to find a way and Jane says there are some important people at this event - businesses with charity budgets and other resources on offer. This would be a good time to not embarrass Emily and Jane; fingers crossed. It's really kind of them to invite me.  I'm spending today with my nose buried in child development books, trying to be productive to make up for the fact that I have so far been entirely unable to get Wentworth's contact info.  For all I know he's left town already.

But I'm not thinking about that.  I'm working.
I'm trusting street stencils to be correct.

No comments :

Post a Comment